During the season, Pick Your Own at Malvtiz Bay Farms is open from 7-11 AM daily. Watch Facebook for updates in case of bad weather or other conditions that will effect picking.
The strawberry picking season in Northeast Wisconsin runs from mid June through early July for about 3-4 weeks. The season is most dependent on Mother Nature. Call for availability or check Facebook for updates.
Pick Your Own Picking Tips
- Best time to pick is early in the morning when the berries are still cool.
- Look under leaves for berries. Sometimes the best are hidden!
- Use both hands to pick – one to hold the stem and the second to hold the berry.
- Keep the stem or hull on the berry.
- Pick only all red berries. Green or white tipped berries will not ripen after picked.
- Gently handle the berries. Berries should not be squeezed. Too much handling or dropping berries can cause bruising.
- 1 Quart = 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pounds
- 1 Quart = 4-5 servings
- 1 ½ Quarts = 9-inch pie
- 1 cup sliced fresh berries = 10 oz. package of frozen berries
Nutritional Value (1/2 cup serving)
- Calories 24
- Fat 0.3 grams
- Carbohydrates 5.5
- Vitamin A 21 iu
- Vitamin C 45 mg
- Calcium 11 mg
- Phosphorus 15 mg
- Potassium 131 mg
- Sodium 1 mg
- Fiber 1.8 grams